The motivation of partial or total outsourcing of support and further development can be justified by different factors, like:
- more rigid control of development costs,
- cost efficiency increase,
- service-based re-structuring of information technology,
- outsourcing of services representing non-direct insurance competence at an insurance company,
- expansion of existing expert resources, application of specific expertise.
- ensuring a more flexible expert IT resource pool.
Our support services are the following:
- Technical support of Help Desk, Model Office,
- Defect correction,
- Further development of functions, improvement of reports,
- Implementation of complete projects,
- Version change management,
- SLA based support services, i.e. surveillance of closure system.
We have developed an approach of several phases to build up development and support services:
- Configuring the required services and definition of the cooperation model and objectives,
- Setting up the IT services team which consists of business analysts, developers, technical experts and project management / client contact person
- Defining technical, project management and reporting infrastructure,
- Elaborating the form and content of necessary knowledge and skills transfer,
- Developing financial and professional conditions of the cooperation contract.
- Performing necessary (*) knowledge and skills transfer, training,
- Installing service provision infrastructure, processes and support systems (management of defect reports and development tasks, estimations / proposals, approvals, deliveries, etc.)
- Sharing tasks between the experts of the insurance company and the experts of Formula/400
- Starting the service with gradually increasing responsibilities
- Further development of the services, launching new services, full-scale project developments, version management, testing, etc.
(*) Besides possessing capabilities and methodology required to build up the support of systems that are new for us, we have skills ready to support several wide-spread policy administration systems, like:
- Life/400, Polisy/400,
- GraphTalk AIA / FutureFirst,